[ckan-dev] trouble using harvesting extension

Miller, Gregory gmiller at usgs.gov
Thu Jan 3 13:27:39 UTC 2013

I am using version 1.8, but the file was missing. I went to the older
version of CKAN on GITHUB, found the missing file and downloaded it.  It
now works.  I am struggling with the two extensions that I have installed
(spatial and harvest) with CKAN 1.8.  I could not get either the csw client
or server to work until I went back and loaded the ckanext-csw extension
even though the documentation says that these functions have been
integrated into the spatial extension.  Both the client and server work as
long as I add cswserver to the configuration file. It is not clear what the
geospatial capabilities are yet.  I added the spatial field in the
metadata.  I know it is being loaded into the database as I can recover it
when the data values are displayed.  I have figured out yet how to get it
to plot on a map.

Thanks,

Greg

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 7:53 AM, Adrià Mercader <adria.mercader at okfn.org>wrote:

> On 28 December 2012 15:14, Miller, Gregory <gmiller at usgs.gov> wrote:
> >
> > I have installed CKAN on ubuntu 12.04 from the source code. I have
> installed the harvesting extension with no problems.  However when I try to
> run the following command to create the tables in the database (or any
> command for this extension):
> >
> > paster --plugin=ckanext-harvest harvester initdb --config=mysite.ini
> >
> > I get the following error:
> >
> >     from ckan.authz import Authorizer
> > ImportError: No module name authz
>
> This looks like a version conflict between CKAN core and the harvester
> extension. Currently master on ckanext-harvest targets CKAN 1.8. If
> you are using CKAN core master you will need to use the
> 4-new-auth-for-2.0 branch of ckanext-harvest, which is under
> development.
> If you need a stable ckanext-harvest you will need to target CKAN 1.8
> for the time being.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Adrià
>

> > I can't find any information on this module.  Anyone know what I failed
> to do?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Greg

Greg Miller