[ckan-dev] What is a Group "type"

Peder Jakobsen | gmail pjakobsen at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 18:37:22 UTC 2013

Hi,

I am creating new groups with the CKAN api, eg

{'name':'goats',
          'title':Greatest of All Time',
          'description':'Greatest Tennis Players of All Time',
          'type':'group'},

I'm wondering what the "type" is for.  Also, where is the best place
in the code to find documentation about entities and their
relationships.  I'm never quite sure whether I should be reading the
test cases, the model packages, or SQLAlchemy, etc. etc. Or is there a
document floating around that explains the general model in detail.

Thanks,

Peder