[ckan-dev] CKAN 2.0 training: advice for plugins?

Stefan Wehrmeyer stefan.wehrmeyer at okfn.org
Tue Jan 8 19:53:40 UTC 2013

Hi CKAN devs,

I will give a CKAN/Openspending training next week and I am preparing right now.

The client wants to cover the following CKAN subjects:
- install, configuration, deployment
- customization, theming
- API, visualizations
- Drupal integration
- Datastore
- Geospatial features

The problem: it makes no sense to teach CKAN 1.8 at this time (especially for theming), but popular extensions like spatial are not CKAN 2.0 ready.

Today I converted ckanext-spatial to CKAN 2.0 (as best as I could, documentation is out of date).
Here is my pull request on the topic, please review:
https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-spatial/pull/3

I will probably have to work from this branch during training.

My question: can anyone give advice or share some knowledge about teaching/using the features from the list above with CKAN 2.0?

Cheers
Stefan