[ckan-dev] Github Issues

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Wed Jan 9 12:52:29 UTC 2013

Any chance we can have the default github issues tags (bug, enhancement,
duplicate, invalid, question, wontfix) back? These seem useful to me,
maybe it's just that I like tagging things, but making an issue and
leaving it completely untagged/unsorted seems like it's just going to
get lost:

bug/enhancement -- useful for e.g. seeing what important bugs still need
to be fixed for a release, making a list of "known issues" for a CKAN
release, seeing what feature requests there are to consider for next
release

question -- useful to separate support requests from bug reports and
feature requests, in case people start using github to ask support
questions

duplicate, invalid, wontfix -- useful to use just before you close an
issue so people can see why it was closed, perhaps enter a comment
saying why as well, seems equivalent to on trac where you could set the
status to one of fixed, wontfix, duplicate, etc.