[ckan-dev] Harvester - Problem

Michael Reichart michael.reichart at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 08:25:30 UTC 2013

Hi,

I've got a problem with our harvester-extensions.

We are harvesting CKAN-Instances which worked actually really good, until
we changed our CKAN - inputform to insert our extra fields into CKAN. For
this we have also changed our schema, which now seems to be the problem.
The objects from the harvesters are already in the right form to put into
CKAN, but in the harvesting process, they are also sent through our
"form_to_db_schema" methods.
The problem is, that this results in not being able to correctly add
datasets to groups. Even existing datasets in correct groups, that are
being updated loose their relation to the group.

I've tried to hardcode the groups or set them in the
"default_groups"-setting of the harvester, or put them in the same way as
the input-form does, but nothing worked.
Any ideas?? Can I bypass the "form_to_db_schema"?? Or change the schema?

We are currently using CKAN 1.7.1

Thanks for help
michi