[ckan-dev] Harvester - Problem

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Mon Jan 14 10:33:25 UTC 2013

Hi Michael,

This can probably be fixed by changing your custom schema.

This sounds like it's a custom schema problem and probably has nothing
to do with the harvesters. If you create a dataset belonging to a group
using the package_create APIv3 call, does it get added to the group?
What if you update a dataset using package_update? I suspect you might
be able to reproduce your problem just by calling the API with your
custom schema active, without using harvester at all. That would confirm
it's a schema problem.

You're using quite an old version of CKAN, I know there were some bugs
in IDatasetForm's default schemas in older versions of CKAN and I think
the fixes may have gone into CKAN 1.8, so you may still have the bugs.
The bugs can be worked around by adding stuff to your custom schema. For
example, look at ckanext-ecportal:

https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-ecportal/blob/master/ckanext/ecportal/forms.py#L181

Finally, can you post your custom schema, or rather, your
form_to_db_schema, db_to_form_schema, etc. code? That might give us some
clues.