[ckan-dev] Organization/group search

Toby Dacre toby.okfn at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 13:02:58 UTC 2013

Ira,

About this feature (see brief email conversation below).

a) Am I right in thinking that you want to be able to search for an
organization on the organizations page?  you example was confusing as it
was a feature that is already in core.

b) What exactly are we wanting.  My understanding is that currently we do
not index groups so we would have to do that to get similar functionality
to the dataset searches.

c) Do we have faceting for groups?  can we tag them at the moment? I don't
think this is the case.

d) A really crude search of org title and a sort by name asc/desc would be
easy (but not very feature rich or good) but more complex searching would
need the indexing.

e) The indexing approach would possibly take a while as I'm not a solr
expert - although I have toyed with it a bit recently.  It would probably
need a fair bit of new code.

f) If we add this feature it would be available to orgs and groups

I've cc'd dev-list after a quick irc chat with sean

Toby