[ckan-dev] pycsw integration

Adrià Mercader adria.mercader at okfn.org
Mon Jan 7 14:57:59 UTC 2013

Hi Daniel,

Great to hear that you have been using CKAN!
You are correct, we have plans for integrating with pycsw to provide a
CSW interface for CKAN. See below for answers to your questions:

On 3 January 2013 08:15, Daniel Kürner <danielkuerner at googlemail.com> wrote:
> 1. Is pycsw integrated as an extension through the plugin Interfaces or
> within the ckan core ?
It will be a plugin of the ckanext-spatial extension.

> 2. How far is the integration process?
The work has already been discussed and we have an implementation
plan, but unfortunately it is part of a much bigger project with other
current priorities. We hope to start some work on it this month.

> 3. Are there ways of contributing to the integration process ( I searched
> the okfn/ckan and okfn/ckanext-spatial github sources including the
> different branches but could not find an entry point for this)
I'm not sure there is something that you could do right now, but we
definitely will need some testers so your help on this will be great.
We'll keep the list posted with our progress to let you know how
things are going

Cheers,

Adrià