[ckan-dev] CKAN 2.0 training: advice for plugins?

John Glover john.glover at okfn.org
Wed Jan 9 19:48:09 UTC 2013

On 9 January 2013 19:55, Sean Hammond <sean.hammond at okfn.org> wrote:

> > visualizations
>
> I don't know much about this, can someone provide an introduction to the
> current state of things?

I have been doing some work on recline and the data explorer recently so if
you have any specific questions let me know. Out of the box, 'simple' [1]
file formats will either be embedded in the resource page or loaded in an
iframe. Other tabular data can be previewed using recline if it is added to
the datastore. CSV files will also be previewed (if not in the datastore)
using the dataproxy [2], but we're not 100% sure yet if this will remain
enabled by default in CKAN 2.0.

[1] https://github.com/okfn/ckan/blob/master/ckan/lib/datapreview.py#L14
[2] eg: http://preview.ckan.org/dataset/test

John