[ckan-dev] Customizing Forms in 2.0a

Fabian Kirstein fabi.kirstein at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 10 09:29:55 UTC 2013

Hi Sean,

thank you for your answer.
actually I'm getting still that error. I've just worked around by deleting
the line {{ h.popular('views', res.tracking_summary.total, min=10) }}
from resource_item.html.
The setup_template_variables() is definitely not called when the read.html
template is rendered. I added a log output which is not called.
However, I started from scratch anyway by developing an extension which
simply adds one custom input field. I've opened a thread here for this as
well: "Issues with adding a custom input field", because it is not working
yet. It seems something is wrong with all of my approaches. :)
But I put it on GitHub: https://github.com/FabiApfelkern/ckanext-addfield
.
I think this could be also interesting for other CKAN users. Adding a
custom field is probably a common task and I think the Geo-Tag example is
already to complex.

Thanks a lot.