[ckan-dev] configure harvester for non-cKAN sources

Heinrich Widmann widmann at dkrz.de
Thu Jan 10 11:13:02 UTC 2013

Hi Stefan,
thank you for your response !

Am 09.01.2013 18:30, schrieb Stefan Wehrmeyer:
> Hi Heinreich,
>
> On 09.01.2013, at 17:12 , Heinrich Widmann <widmann at dkrz.de> wrote:
>
>> First thing is, that there was no mytest.ini, so I just copied it from test.ini
>> (Or should I first create and edit an own mysite.ini ?)
> You need to use your CKAN instance configuration file (e.g. development.ini) that you have at some point generated with
> $ paster make-config ckan development.ini
>
> $ paster --plugin=ckanext-harvest harvester initdb --config=mysite.ini
> Here mysite.ini is really <path to your config ini file>!
Ok, now I use the during installation generated ini file and the last
command worked
- at least harvest tables seem to be created.

Next I tried again to execute the gather_consumer command, that get
caught with :
DEBUG ........... Gather queue consumer registered

Does this mean no registered consumers can be found or why this process
seems to run for ever ?

Cheers,
Heinrich

> Not sure if it explains the recursion depth error, but it might very well.
>
> Cheers
> Stefan

Heinrich Widmann              \\ Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum GmbH
Phone: +49 40 41173 282        \\   Abteilung Datenmanagement
FAX:   +49 40 41173 476         \\    Bundesstr. 45a
Email: widmann at dkrz.de           \\   D-20146 Hamburg
http://www.dkrz.de                \\  Germany