[ckan-dev] configure harvester for non-cKAN sources

Adrià Mercader adria.mercader at okfn.org
Fri Jan 11 10:05:00 UTC 2013

Hi Heinrich

On 10 January 2013 11:13, Heinrich Widmann <widmann at dkrz.de> wrote:
> Next I tried again to execute the gather_consumer command, that get caught
> with :
> DEBUG ........... Gather queue consumer registered
This means that you set it all up correctly and the gather consumer is
waiting for items from the queue. If you create a harvest source from
the frontend and then run the run command [1] you will see log
messages on this terminal that tell you how the process is going.
If you are running this process on a terminal it will run forever
until you kill it with Ctrl+C. On a production site you will probably
run it on the background with a tool like supervisor [2]

Adrià

[1] https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-harvest#running-the-harvest-jobs
[2] https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-harvest#setting-up-the-harvesters-on-a-production-server