[ckan-dev] Github Issues

Toby Dacre toby.okfn at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 08:53:19 UTC 2013

On 12 January 2013 12:14, Sean Hammond <sean.hammond at okfn.org> wrote:

> > I think it is nice to have the pull request with the issue.  yeah it
> sucks
> > that you can't do this from the web interface but it is easy using my
> > wonderful script or that hub thing if you are that way inclined.  It
> keeps
> > the number of issues down too. on just feels easier to manage.
>
> When you turn an existing issue into a pull request using the script,
> then if you close the pull request does that close the issue? It could
> be that you want to reject the pull request and close it, but the issue
> remains unsolved, and later another pull request comes along to try and
> solve the same issue.
>
> You could also have a pull request that solves multiple issues, or an
> issue that is only solved once multiple pull requests have been merged.
>
> So issue != pull request and it's not a 1-1 correspondence.

this is true but as you say later sometimes it is this simple.  I think it
is a play it by ear and see how we get on, but for small issues/bug fixes I
still think same issue/pull request works best.  My experience has been
that working on projects with a sensible amount of issues (few enough that
they can all be reviewed in one go) works really well once you get into the
150+ issues then chaos tends to take over.