[ckan-dev] Move contributing to CONTRIBUTING file?

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Mon Jan 21 18:08:42 UTC 2013

Ok, I've done it:

https://github.com/okfn/ckan/issues/new

https://github.com/okfn/ckan/pull/new/2750-add-docs-and-examples-for-idatasetform-and-igroupform

> As for developer pages, why don't we just link from the CONTRIBUTING
> file to http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/index.html#for-ckan-developers?

That's what I've done for now. Reasons for having them on the wiki would
be that they don't really seem to belong in the user docs and that the
wiki is much quicker and easier to edit. They were moved from the old
wiki into sphinx because they were getting ignored and never updated on
the old wiki. Maybe the github wiki is better than the old wiki was. I
haven't moved them for now anyway.