[ckan-dev] created resources in dataset - can't access the dataset anymore?

Ian Ward ian at excess.org
Mon Jan 28 13:13:43 UTC 2013

This is something I would like some clarification on as well.

My gut tells me that if you have 1000 resources you've gone wrong
somewhere, but there might not be any guidance in the documentation
about what the expectation for resources is (though I might be
wrong!).  What I've been able to gather is that resources are often
different formats of the same information, or related information for
interpreting the data.

If you find you have too many resources, it might mean you should be
using separate datasets. But, how do you relate these datasets?  There
are a number of options:
- keywords
- groups
- relationships (parent, depends, links)
- organizations
- an extra field or some other external grouping

Of course if there is no extra information for each image it would be
difficult to create a dataset for each one, because at a minimum you
need to be able to name them.  Maybe that sort of data doesn't "fit"
in CKAN?