[ckan-dev] Updating default main.css with an extension is not working

Ryan Maine balrogmi at msn.com
Wed Jul 10 16:43:03 UTC 2013

Hello
I'm unable to customize the default css appearence using a custom extension. But custom html templates in the same extension work perfectly, so I suppose the extension is succesfully installed. My extension has the following folders and files
ckanext-ryan/ckanext/ryan/public/base/main.cssckanext-ryan/ckanext/ryan/public/base/main.min.cssckanext-ryan/ckanext/ryan/templates/index.htmlckanext-ryan/ckanext/ryan/fanstaticckanext-ryan/ckanext/ryan/plugin.pyckanext-ryan/setup.py
New "index.html" template works perfectly replacing the default "index.html" when I reload the site, but not the same for css files
This is my plugin.py file:
import ckan.plugins as pclass CustomRyan(p.SingletonPlugin):    p.implements(p.IConfigurer)    def update_config(self, config):        # add template directory        p.toolkit.add_template_directory(config, 'templates')        p.toolkit.add_public_directory(config, 'public')        p.toolkit.add_resource('fanstatic', 'ckanext-castello')
I only want to replace the default main.css or main.min.css file without modifying the core (so using an extension)
What else do I need to do?
Thanks and regards,Ryan