[ckan-dev] ckan-search with wildcards

gr n8 gr8 at gmx.at
Tue Jul 9 19:05:52 UTC 2013

Hello! I followed the instruction to install CKAN 1.8 a few months ago. However, it is not possible to use wildcards when searching (e.g. dataset?q=test* returns no results) on the CKAN-website. Curiosly: When I search through the solr-admin-website, everything works fine (e.g. query string: test* returns some results). I have nothing changed in the CKAN-Code; therefore it should be a "clean" install. For testing I modified the solr-schema and added "preserveOriginals="1"" to WordDelimiterFactory-Filters, but this does not helped anything (search-index was rebuild, and jetty for solr restarted).

So, how is it possible to add wildcard-search to the CKAN-website?

Thanks in advance,
Kind regards!