[ckan-dev] Support for term translations in ckanext-harvester missing?

Stefan Oderbolz stefan.oderbolz at liip.ch
Fri Jul 26 13:05:53 UTC 2013

Hi there,

Is it correct that currently the ckanext-harvester does not support to
harvest the term translations of another instance?

We have a CKAN instance for each department which contains datasets
that are translated using the multilingual extension, hence this
instances have lots of translated terms. Now when we harvest this
instance to out central one, this information is lost and we only have
one language available.

Is that currently the case or am I missing something?

As the term translations are actually available via API (see
http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/api.html#ckan.logic.action.get.term_translation_show),
I guess it shouldn't be hard to integrate it in the harvester. Is this
simply a missing feature waiting to be implemented or is it harder
than I think?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers
Stefan

--
Liip AG  //  Feldstrasse 133 //  CH-8004 Zurich
Tel +41 43 500 39 80 // GnuPG 0x7B588C67 // www.liip.ch