[ckan-dev] ckanext-spatial / custom field problem

Fawcett, David (MNIT) David.Fawcett at state.mn.us
Tue Jul 9 04:00:02 UTC 2013

I want to add some more detail to Andrew's post about custom field data not showing up on pages.

What we are really seeing is the inability to publish updated dataset records via the CKAN app. The problem initially appeared with custom fields (extras), but it is also seen with the standard dataset fields.

The interesting thing is that if I go to a record that I know has been modified, but can't see the changes reflected on the page, I can click the edit button (as a sysadmin, admin, or editor) and see the latest version of the data.  If I hit the update button or view data button, the changes are not seen on the dataset page.

I don't believe that we are caching the pages on the server and clearing my browser cache doesn't appear to do anything.

Does anyone have any suggestions for fixing or debugging this?

Thank you,

David.