[ckan-dev] ckanext-datastorer, CSV files does not seem to be stored.

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Tue Jul 9 17:05:02 UTC 2013

> I've successfully installed ckanext-datastorer for saving resources
> such as CSV-files into the datastore.
>
> However, running the paster command does not output any error, but my
> CSV resources are still just "links" to external sources.
>
> Have I misunderstood the extension or should it not import CSV-files
> into the database and how can I see the result from the
> CKAN-website/GUI?

The datastorer just imports the data into the datastore so that it can
be accessed through the data API:

http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/datastore.html

The Recline preview extension uses the data API, so pulling a resource's
data into the DataStore may also enable Recline preview for that
resource, depending on what type of file it is:

http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/data-viewer.html

The download link for your resource, however, will still link to the
original resource file. If you want to import the file itself into CKAN,
you need to upload the file to CKAN's FileStore:

http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/filestore.html

Once you've setup the FileStore, just add a new resource and use the
Upload button.