[ckan-dev] CKAN dev instance hanging

Julius Chrobak julius at mingle.io
Thu Jul 18 07:13:30 UTC 2013

re 1) yes, it eventually gets the error you're talking about:

Error - <type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>: maximum recursion depth exceeded
File '/usr/lib/ckan/default/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/weberror/errormiddleware.py', line 162 in __call__
  app_iter = self.application(environ, sr_checker)

re 2) the last commit

~/ckan/lib/default/src/ckan $ git log
commit 590ad4060b811aa6a9f3f490e9014d67d806e254
Merge: a925f1c 779952c
Author: amercader <amercadero at gmail.com>
Date:   Thu Jul 4 09:46:45 2013 +0100

    Merge branch '1071-close-div'

re 3) pip freeze response

Babel==0.9.6
Beaker==1.6.4
FormAlchemy==1.4.3
FormEncode==1.2.6
Genshi==0.6
Jinja2==2.7
Mako==0.8.1
MarkupSafe==0.18
Pairtree==0.7.1-T
Paste==1.7.5.1
PasteDeploy==1.5.0
PasteScript==1.7.5
Pygments==1.6
Pylons==0.9.7
Routes==1.13
SQLAlchemy==0.7.8
Tempita==0.5.1
WebError==0.10.3
WebHelpers==1.3
WebOb==1.0.8
WebTest==1.4.3
apachemiddleware==0.1.1
argparse==1.2.1
-e git+https://github.com/okfn/ckan.git@590ad4060b811aa6a9f3f490e9014d67d806e254#egg=ckan-dev
decorator==3.4.0
distribute==0.6.24
fanstatic==0.12
nose==1.3.0
ofs==0.4.1
psycopg2==2.4.5
python-dateutil==1.5
python-openid==2.2.5
pyutilib.component.core==4.6
repoze.lru==0.6
repoze.who==1.0.19
repoze.who-friendlyform==1.0.8
repoze.who.plugins.openid==0.5.3
requests==1.1.0
simplejson==3.3.0
solrpy==0.9.5
sqlalchemy-migrate==0.7.2
unicodecsv==0.9.4
vdm==0.11
wsgiref==0.1.2
zope.interface==4.0.5

And yes, rebuilding the virtual env did the trick! Thanks a lot for your support.

Regards,
Julius