[ckan-dev] .csv File Preview Function

Dominik Moritz dominik.moritz at okfn.org
Mon Jul 22 15:24:50 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 22 Jul 2013, at 16:01, <zigchg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Dominik,
>

>> What do you mean by, it asks you to download it? On which page? It should be enough to add `recline_preview` to the configuration and restart CKAN.
>

> It is on the page under the tab of datasets, and there is a 'Explore' button with a drop-down menu. We clicked the 'Preview' in that menu, and it turned to another page, but without any preview, it just asked us to download the data file.

Sounds like the recline preview is not enabled. However, I can't tell you more than that. Sorry.

You could try to connect to http://127.0.0.1/api/3/action/datastore_search without the port.

>> Could be but to me it seems unrelated. I have to know a little bit more about the exact errors and your set-up to tell for sure.
>

> Actually, this time we didn’t really run into any errors in terminal. The only thing might be after we run ‘paster celeryd -c /etc/ckan/default/production.ini’, terminal looks like running for a long time. We waited for more than an hour, but no prompt appears. So we just reopened terminal, and run the rest of the commands.

Sounds like it's working. Great!

> We are also very glad to provide any other information if needed. Thank you for all the help!
>

> Sincerely,

I think it's quite difficult to solve this via email. You could try to talk to people or irc (#ckan on freenode) which will be much faster.

Cheers,
Dominik