[ckan-dev] Installation of ckanext-spatial

Hildegard Gerlach hildegard.gerlach at jrc.ec.europa.eu
Mon Jun 10 14:40:41 UTC 2013

Hello,

after installing CKAN I am trying to install ckanext-spatial.
I am using RedHat and not always the instructions are clear to me.

For CKAN I was following the Wiki
https://github.com/okfn/ckan/wiki/How-to-Install-CKAN-2.0-on-CentOS-6.3

I installed solr 1.4 as described here:
https://github.com/okfn/ckan/wiki/How-to-Install-CKAN-2.0-on-CentOS-6.3#wiki-Install_Apache_SOLR

But now for the ckanext-spatial
https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-spatial
it seems that I should have a solr version of at least 3.x, 4.x recommended

*What shall I do ? Remove version 1.4 and install 4.x ?**Was the
instruction in the Wiki incorrect ?
*/CKAN can not use the latest version of Apache SOLR and requires
version 1.4.1./

If I use solr backend for spatial search (ckanext.spatial.search_backend
= solr),*is it then necessary to install postgis anyway* or do I not
need it at all ?

Thanks

Hilde