[ckan-dev] Tag moderation

James Smith jgsmith at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 17:14:33 UTC 2013

I have a problem that I can't find anything on doing google searches,
looking through the github ckan code, or twiddling with settings. I'm using
CKAN 2.0 as distributed within the last week.

At one point, I turned on moderation thinking that there would be a way for
me to approve datasets and edits. I can't find anything in the routing that
indicates there's a way to moderate changes, so I turned it off. Part of
this is because I realized that all of  my edits (well, edits to extra
fields and tags) (made as a system admin in CKAN) were marked as pending,
and thus not showing up when viewing the datasets.

I've resolved the problem with extra fields, I think. However, tags remain
a problem.

The "moderate" setting in the config file is marked "false".

Any tags I set for a dataset will show up when I edit the dataset, but
won't show up when I view the dataset. They also won't show up in the facet.

I looked in the database and saw that the project_tag_revision entry was
marked 'pending', so I changed it to 'approved'. The same with the
project_tag entry. I also marked the project_tag_revision as current.

The tag still won't show up.

Where else do I need to look to make tags show up? How do I make tags show
up when I add them to a dataset without requiring hand-updating of the
database?

Thanks!

-- Jim