[ckan-dev] Can I use CKAN to build custom workflow

Nguyễn Minh Tâm tam at frontiers.vn
Thu Jun 27 02:53:06 UTC 2013

Hi there,

I need to build a system to handle flow of a document.

All submitted documents will be handle by one person (e.g Mr. B). After checking this, he will transfer to other person for approving. If this person don’t have enough permission to approve this document, he/she will transfer it to other person.

When the document is approved, it return to submitter.

If document is rejected, it return to submitter with reason for reject.

For example:

-       user A submit a document – this will be handle by officer B. After checking it, officer B transfer to officer C and so on.
After several steps, the document is approved and returned to user A.

-       user B submit a document (other type) – this will be handle by officer B. After checking it, officer B transfer to officer D and so on.
After several steps, the document is rejected and returned to user B.

-       …

I’ve just install newest CKAN on my Ubuntu & play with it a little.

I just wander can CKAN handle my above requirement or not.

Thanks in advance,

Tam Nguyen