[ckan-dev] Installing spatial extension on Redhat6

Hildegard Gerlach hildegard.gerlach at jrc.ec.europa.eu
Thu Jun 27 10:01:25 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I have installed CKAN 2.0 on Redhat 6 and the ckan-ext harvest extension.

However I have problems installing the ckanext-spatial extension.

I have followed the installation description on the Website
https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-spatial
and set up Postgis

If I specify these plugins in the development.ini file
ckan.plugins = stats json_preview recline_preview synchronous_search
harvest ckan_harvester spatial_metadata spatial_query wms_preview

CKAN comes up.

However if I add spatial_query_widget  to the plugins
it gives an internal server error
PluginNotFoundException: spatial_query_widget

The same happens with csw_server.

ckan.plugins = stats synchronous_search harvest ckan_harvester
spatial_metadata spatial_query wms_preview csw_harvester doc_harvester
waf_harvester spatial_harvest_metadata_api spatial_query_widget csw_server

Actually in the setup.py of the spatial extension spatial_query_widget
is not mentioned.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Hilde