[ckan-dev] Add Dataset Problem

Dimitrakakis Georgios giorgis at ucnet.uoc.gr
Mon Jun 10 09:00:39 UTC 2013

Hi Philipp!

I try from the web by pressing the button "Add Dataset"

I fill the Title, URL, Discription etc. and then when I press the "Add
Data" button I am getting the afforementioned error.

To my knowledge filestore is working OK because I can upload files to
the test datasets that I have imported.

My problem is when trying to add a new dataset and it's happening on
the very first step before trying to upload anything.

Best,

G.

> Hi Georgios,
>
> Did you want to add a dataset by uploading a file? If so, have you filled
> out the filestorage config and created the necessary folders / or S3
> Buckets? (http://docs.ckan.org/en/ckan-2.0/filestore.html)
>
> If that doesn't solve your problem could you provide the list of commands
> you used to install CKAN on your server.
>
> Regards,
> Philipp
>

> On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 7:28 AM, Dimitrakakis Georgios <giorgis at ucnet.uoc.gr
>> wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I am a new member to CKAN and I am facing the following problem:
>>
>> I cannot Add a dataset or group or an organization at my installation!
>>
>> The only thing that I get is
>>
>> "Server Error
>>
>> An internal server error occured"
>>
>> I 've tried to solve this by looking the log files but couldn't find
>> anything useful!
>>
>> Do you have any idea where should I look and for what?
>>
>> I did the package installation at an Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Server that was
>> build from scratch just for CKAN.
>>
>> Thank a lot for your help!
>>
>> All the best,
>>
>> G.