[ckan-dev] Creating 4 featured groups on the index page instead of 2.

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Thu Jun 13 21:55:21 UTC 2013

> I want to place 4 featured groups in the ckan index page - any idea on how
> to implement the count.

In the short term (ie. using the current CKAN 2.0 release) I think the
easiest way to do this would be to create an extension and customize the
front-page template.

Unfortunately yes, this means writing Python and template code, and it
largely means being able to figure out for yourself how CKAN works
because this stuff is not amazingly well documented yet.

CKAN 2.0 is still very new, the whole frontend including this "featured
groups" page is new in 2.0, it'll take time for the features and
documentation to mature.