[ckan-dev] Problems installing CKAN, logging

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Fri Jun 14 09:40:32 UTC 2013

> I would like to point out another issue:
> As I had written in my previous message, there was an issue with a
> missing package in pip-requirements.txt
> https://github.com/okfn/ckan/blob/master/pip-requirements.txt
>
> PasteScript package is missing
>
> I added it to the file to get it installed, otherwise the paster
> command is missing.
> PasteScript==1.7.5

I think PasteScript musr get installed as a dependency of one of the
other packages, but if for example your virtualenv has global site
packages enabled this might not happen.

The requirements files have been improved in the current version and
PasteScript is now listed:

https://github.com/okfn/ckan/blob/master/requirements.txt#L20