[ckan-dev] IDomainObjectModification and resources

Toby Dacre toby.okfn at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 08:42:26 UTC 2013

On 19 June 2013 22:12, Ryan Clark <ryan.clark at azgs.az.gov> wrote:
> I would like to implement some custom functionality that occurs when
> resources are "deleted". We tried to use IDomainObjectModification to listen
> for such changes, but it looks like pushing the "Delete" button when editing
> a resource actually changes a ResourceRevision object, and
> IDomainObjectModification.notify is not called.

IDomainObjectModification does seem to be somewhat limited to datasets

The IMapper interface might do what you need.  L personally have not
used it in anger

> - Does pushing that "delete" button call the action "resource_delete"? Are
> there any other side effects? Right now we are considering wrapping
> "resource_delete" in our own action, and then adjusting the UI to call that
> custom action.

you could consider extending the resource_delete action as is done
here for resource_show

https://github.com/okfn/ckan/blob/1c8ddf22cd80b61ad89456c912f5ea2c8ffa4eb6/ckanext/datastore/plugin.py#L74

and then add in via IActions interface this may well be the simplest approach