[ckan-dev] Installation problems on RHEL

Hildegard Gerlach hildegard.gerlach at jrc.ec.europa.eu
Mon Jun 24 13:46:49 UTC 2013

Hello,

I confronted the new instructions with the old ones
https://github.com/okfn/ckan/wiki/How-to-Install-CKAN-2.0-on-CentOS-6.3
https://github.com/okfn/ckan/wiki/How-to-install-ckan-2.0-on-centos-6.3-new

I didn't see many differences besides the different installation locations.

I just wanted to make 2 comments:
In Part 4 the configuration file production.ini is created but then
referenced as development.ini
> |paster make-config ckan /etc/ckan/default/production.ini
> |

> Edit the development.ini file in a text editor, changing the following

and there is still the same comment about the*version of Solr* in part 4:

> CKAN can not use the latest version of Apache SOLR and requires
> version 1.4.1.

Have a look at this thread
http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/ckan-dev/2013-June/005054.html
where Adrià says that CKAN should work perfectly  with latest versions
of Solr.
> >/  CKAN can not use the latest version of Apache SOLR and requires version
> /I'm not sure about the reason of this statement (we don't maintain the
> install pages on the wiki). Perhaps is an issue with Red Hat but CKAN
> should work perfectly fine with latest versions of Solr (it does on
> Ubuntu)
Maybe this issue should be cleared.

Thanks

Hilde