[ckan-dev] Related stuff user stories

Toby Dacre toby.okfn at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 11:11:30 UTC 2013

On 7 March 2013 09:50, Mark Wainwright <mark.wainwright at okfn.org> wrote:
> Comments on the user stories for related items - mostly looks good,
> but a couple of queries.
>
> https://github.com/okfn/ckan/wiki/Spec:-Related---Apps-&-Ideas-extension

this seems a good start but should be marked as a proposal not a spec
for now so as not to confuse users

we need to maket it more specific
 eg `As a publisher I want to see what value is being made of my
data.` does not help much we need to expand this to being something
concrete

words like moderate are also vague

it would be good to sort out this feature in 2.1 but some of the
use-cases may cause issues eg over ownership of items if they can be
attached to multiple datasets or to non-dataset items.  We need to
agree the use-cases as they affect data-structures indexing etc.

Toby