[ckan-dev] Adding custom metadata in stage 3 (IDatasetForm)

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Wed May 8 11:35:05 UTC 2013

> I'm working on an extension and having problems to add custom
> metadata in 'stage 3' of the default new package forms. I'd like
> to store the metadata in 'extras' and I use the toolkit and
> get_converter('convert_to_extras'), which does work w/o any
> problems in stage 1, but not in stage 3.
>
> Can anyone please give me a pointer?

Have you seen the example plugin for this?

https://github.com/okfn/ckan/tree/master/ckanext/example_idatasetform

I believe it uses convert_to_extras and uses the stage 3 form, though
I'm not sure if it uses both together. Anyway, starting by copying the
example plugin and then modifying it might help.