[ckan-dev] Adding custom metadata in stage 3 (IDatasetForm)

Hendrik Bunke bunke.hendrik at gmail.com
Wed May 8 11:59:19 UTC 2013

--On 2013-05-08 13:35, Sean Hammond wrote:
> > I'm working on an extension and having problems to add custom
> > metadata in 'stage 3' of the default new package forms. I'd like
> > to store the metadata in 'extras' and I use the toolkit and
> > get_converter('convert_to_extras'), which does work w/o any
> > problems in stage 1, but not in stage 3.
> >
> > Can anyone please give me a pointer?
>
> Have you seen the example plugin for this?
>
> https://github.com/okfn/ckan/tree/master/ckanext/example_idatasetform
>
> I believe it uses convert_to_extras and uses the stage 3 form, though
> I'm not sure if it uses both together. Anyway, starting by copying the
> example plugin and then modifying it might help.

Sean, thanks for answering. Yes, I've seen the example plugin and
actually used it as a starter. The point is, that the example
also does not store metadata from stage 3, only from stage 1. So,
either there's something me and the example are missing, or
there's some general problem. I suppose the validation goes wrong
somehow here, since the converter seems to do well, as far as I
can see with debugging.

thx
hendrik

--