[ckan-dev] harvesting user and deleting a user

Elena Camossi elena.camossi at ext.jrc.ec.europa.eu
Mon Nov 25 15:59:11 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

we are experiencing some problem with harvesting (CKAN 2.1, on RedHat),
doing some debugging we discovered that harvesting seems to be runned by a
user with no name.

Getting the list of users with "paster user list", we discovered that one of
the users has indeed no name, and table user within Postgres has indeed a
row
column name having value ' '.

We have tried to delete this user with  "paster user remove". Command
succeeds but user still exists. We have tried deleting it from the
Postgresql database, the row is removed but it reappears after running again
"paster user list"...

Is there any other way to delete a CKAN user?

Does harvesting use some default CKAN user?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Kind regards,
-Elen a