[ckan-dev] CKAN user without name: how can we get rid of this?

Elena Camossi elena.camossi at ext.jrc.ec.europa.eu
Thu Nov 28 10:33:59 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

we have run different tests on this, and we verified that paster creates
autonomously a user without name (name in the database is ''), when creating
the admin user, during the installation, and when calling paster user list.
This cannot be deleted neither using  paster user remove, not directly from
the database (the user re-appears in the database as soon as we launch
paster user list).

This seems to interfere someway with the harvesting: debugging we saw that
harvesting is run by a user with no name, on a 'None' resource. The error we
get is " Resource not found"

We ran the test several time, on an empty database, with no other harvesting
jobs pending, with no extension installed except for harvesting.
Configuration is CKAN 2.1, Red Hat, Solr 4.5, Postgres 9.2+Postgis
extension.

Did anyone have the same experience? Is this user without name created by
mistake? Any other idea on how to delete it?

Thanks a lot for any help, we're really stuck on this.

Kind regards,
-Elena