[ckan-dev] How to activate and compile CKAN internationalization files within an extension

Stefan Oderbolz stefan.oderbolz at liip.ch
Sun Nov 3 22:38:45 UTC 2013

Hi Ralf,

1) How to I initialize my customized translations to be used instead of the
> standard ones?

In my setup I just copy the compiles files in the CKAN directory
(pyenv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ckan/i18n). Afaik there is no way to
include them from your extension directly (unlike e.g. templates).

> 2) Is it valid to compile the .mo files by using the "msgfmt" tool from
> gettext package? I used something like

 Although I never tried this before, but I would be really surprised of
this doesn't work. "gettext" is a standard format and it shouldn't matter
how you compile your files.

- Stefan

--
Liip AG  //  Feldstrasse 133 //  CH-8004 Zurich
Tel +41 43 500 39 80 // GnuPG 0x7B588C67 // www.liip.ch