[ckan-dev] adding a feature: comment on data

Adrià Mercader adria.mercader at okfn.org
Thu Nov 21 13:26:17 UTC 2013

Hi,

1. Regarding Mireille's original answer, I guess that the
implementation should be done at the Recline level, which is the
library powering the grid view, but you'll still need a way of storing
the comments somewhere in CKAN probably.

2. Regarding the Disqus hate, count me in, but as others have said we
really don't want to maintain our own commenting system. What I think
would be the best option is writing an extension that integrated with
a tool like Isso [2] which AFAICT is self-hosted, written in python
and has Disqus import. Anyone interested in having a go?

Adrià

[1] https://github.com/okfn/recline
[2] http://posativ.org/isso/