[ckan-dev] Upload file through the API.

Henrik Aagaard Sørensen BU1G at tmf.kk.dk
Wed Oct 2 06:47:46 UTC 2013

I've tried to look through the CKAN API files to see how the revision id and timestamp is updated normally, but without any luck.

I'm using the ckanclient to update files via upload_file, and I've modified CKAN to accept overwrites, so I can update the same file/URL multiple times.

However, the revision id and timestamp is not updated with upload_file.

Can anyone point me in the direction on how to do this? I'm thinking of updating the metadata's revision id and timestamp, but I would like to call something which automatically added the id and added the correct timestamp etc., so I don't have to keep track locally... Also, the revision id does not seem to be just a number...