[ckan-dev] How do I upgrade from 2.0 to 2.2

Stefan Oderbolz stefan.oderbolz at liip.ch
Wed Oct 2 07:53:55 UTC 2013

Hi Hilde,

there is no release-v2.2 branch, as CKAN 2.2 is still in development, CKAN
2.1 is the latest available release out there.
If you want to checkout the latest development you can use the "master"
branch.

Regards Stefan

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 4:52 PM, Hildegard Gerlach <
hildegard.gerlach at jrc.ec.europa.eu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> it is not clear to me how I have to upgrade to version 2.2 (using Redhat).
> I was following this page
> http://docs.ckan.org/en/**latest/upgrade-source.html<http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/upgrade-source.html>
>
> If I do
>
> git fetch
> git checkout release-v2.2
>
> I get the following error.
> error: pathspec 'release-v2.2' did not match any file(s) known to git
>
> What do I have to do ? And what about the extensions I have installed
> (harvest and spatial), do I have to upgrade them as well and how ?
>
> The command git branch gives this:
>
>> (pyenv)[ckan at mtester ckan]$ git branch
>> * (no branch)
>>   master
>> (pyenv)[ckan at mtester ckan]$
>>

> Thanks
>
> Hilde

Liip AG  //  Feldstrasse 133 //  CH-8004 Zurich
Tel +41 43 500 39 80 // GnuPG 0x7B588C67 // www.liip.ch