[ckan-dev] filestore

Michael Reichart michael.reichart at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 06:53:40 UTC 2013

Hi,

we're using CKAN 1.7 and have an issue with the filestore functionality.
In general it works perfect, but some times we're running into "Failed to
get credentials" errors.

So I found, that files are not put into folders with date and time but
instead are all copied to the same directory (the directory of the bucket).
If a file already exists in that directory, the above error is displayed.

But I'm sure that putting the files in the right directories has worked
when we tested this about a year ago ...

Has anybody any hint why this would stop working? Which component manages
the creating of the datetime directories? Obviously this should not be an
rights issue, because uploading files works normally.

my ckan.ini settings:

## Required
## 'Bucket' (subdirectory for file based storage) to use for file storage
ckan.storage.bucket = data

## Optional
## maximum content size for uploads in bytes, defaults to 1Gb
#ckanext.storage.max_content_length = 10000000

## OFS configuration
ofs.impl = pairtree
# directory on disk for data storage (should be empty)
ofs.storage_dir = /dataUpload

thanks
Michael