[ckan-dev] Cannot find /api/i18n/ when loading pages

Richard Didier didier.richard at ign.fr
Tue Oct 8 08:34:58 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I have just installed CKAN from sources following step by step the tutorial
and wherething goes well (using parser and pointing at localhost:5000).

I am now testing "deploying source install" chapter.

As I have other services running on the 80 port, I changed the Apache
configuration to the following :

    <IfModule mod_wsgi.c>
        WSGIScriptAlias /ckan /etc/ckan/default/apache.wsgi
        # Pass authorization info on (needed for rest api).
        WSGIPassAuthorization On
        # Deploy as a daemon (avoids conflicts between CKAN instances).
        WSGIDaemonProcess ckan_default display-name=ckan_default processes=2
threads=15
        WSGIProcessGroup ckan_default
        ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/ckan_default.error.log
        CustomLog /var/log/apache2/ckan_default.custom.log combined
        <Location /ckan/>
            Order deny,allow
            Allow from all
        </Location>
    </IfModule>

The front pages load perfectly (http://localhost/ckan/) except that I have 404
errors with http://localhost/api/i18n/fr leaving some functionalities of the
web pages broken (like changing language).

Digging in the documentation, I found that I could set ckan.site_url. So, I
set to http://localhost/ckan ... and nothing improved !?

Browsing the scripts, it seems that the url is computed by
public/base/javascript/client.js, méthode url() based on the end_point option
given to the constructor. And when debugging, I never find the site_url value
appearing in the JS.

Did I miss some configuration options somewhere ?

regards,
--
RICHARD Didier - Chef du pôle technique du Géoportail
2/4, avenue Pasteur - 94165 Saint Mandé Cedex