[ckan-dev] questions on resources import / export

Elena Camossi elena.camossi at ext.jrc.ec.europa.eu
Tue Oct 15 14:03:03 UTC 2013

Dear all,

I'm a newbie to CKAN and I'm trying to understand how to define a possible
architecture for a platform for data sharing we're going to develop.
Both geographical and traditional (non-geographical) resources will be
included, and these will be harvested from different providers.

For what concern the consumption of resources by other internal catalogue
platforms (different from CKAN, e.g., DKAN, GeoNetwork), what can be the
most EFFICIENT solution?
Exposing CKAN (for non-geographical) and CSW (for geographical resource)
services and let these other catalogues harvest the resources from CKAN?
Is it possible to make another catalogue interact with the CKAN instance
directly at Solr level, avoiding the catalogue services? Or is it necessary
to pass through the Datastore API?

I hope this is not too confusing...
Thanks a lot for any suggestion.
Regards,