[ckan-dev] How to add a new page based on page.html (similar to /groups or /dataset)

Jesús Redondo redondogarciajesus at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 23:06:46 UTC 2013

Hello, I have installed and configured one CKAN 2.0.1 instance.

You can check it out here: http://www.caceresabierto.es; as you can see it
is still very basic.

My problem is the following, I want to create the page
http://www.caceresabierto.es/aplicaciones. I understand that there should
be a method to heritage the layout and the basic theming from the main
template (if I am not wrong is "base.html" or "page.html" in the
'templates' folder).

The point is: I have figured out how to modify www.caceresabierto.es/*
dataset* or www.caceresabierto.es/*groups*. But I don't know how to add a
new route like www.caceresabierto.es/*aplicaciones* that heritage from
"page.html".

I suppose I will need to create a new HTML file in the 'template' folder
and maybe modify setup.py or plugins.py...But I need some help to do it.

Any feedback would be great. Thank you.

Jesús Redondo.