[ckan-dev] CKAN License file

Aaron McGlinchy McGlinchyA at landcareresearch.co.nz
Fri Oct 18 03:22:28 UTC 2013

Hi,
   In the ckan.json default license file (http://licenses.opendefinition.org/licenses/groups/ckan.json) various license options are defined.  For our purposes I am going to edit this list and replace some of the licenses with ones relevant to our situation (in New Zealand).

The file contains definitions like:
{
    "domain_content": true,
    "domain_data": false,
    "domain_software": false,
    "family": "",
    "id": "cc-by-sa",
    "is_okd_compliant": true,
    "is_osi_compliant": false,
    "maintainer": "",
    "status": "active",
    "title": "Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike",
    "url": "http://www.opendefinition.org/licenses/cc-by-sa"
}

What do the various components represent - some are obvious, but many I am not clear on.

Thanks
Aaron