[ckan-dev] CKAN License file

Adrià Mercader adria.mercader at okfn.org
Mon Oct 21 11:47:42 UTC 2013

Hi Aaron,

This is the format used in http://licenses.opendefinition.org/

I couldn't find a description of the fields, and CKAN will ignore most
of them, but here's a quick explanation as I understand them:

On 18 October 2013 04:22, Aaron McGlinchy
<McGlinchyA at landcareresearch.co.nz> wrote:

>     "domain_content": true,
>     "domain_data": false,
>     "domain_software": false,
Does the licenses apply to software, data or content?

>     "family": "",
No idea, in this case probably Creative Commons

>     "id": "cc-by-sa",
>     "title": "Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike",
This are important, as they are the values that will get stored and
indexed by CKAN

Does it comply with the OpenDefinition? http://opendefinition.org/

Does it comply with the Open Source Initiative? http://opensource.org/licenses

URL to http://opendefinition.org if exists, or to some other relevant page

>     "maintainer": "",
>     "status": "active",
Not sure about these ones, but they are not sued by CKAN