[ckan-dev] Dataproxy and Apache basic authentication

Milica Knezevic knezevic.milica at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 14:41:02 UTC 2013

My CKAN instance is installed on a server with apache basic authentication
set.
These instructions
http://web.archiveorange.com/archive/v/GsJ2s63DY2BPvrQ7y6Ad were very
helpful. Filestore is set up with local file storage.
While preview for other xml, pdf, jpg, ... files works, xls files cannot be
previewed (error message - Could not load preview: DataProxy returned an
error (Data transformation failed. HTTPError: HTTP Error 401:
Unauthorized)). When I remove apache authentication, preview works fine. Is
there a way to allow Dataproxy to pass the authentication?

I've tried to use Datastore and Datastorer extensions in order to avoid
problems with Dataproxy, but these issues appeared when i tried perform
datastore_upload on a dataset containing xls resources:
 URL unobtainable: Server returned HTTP 401
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/usr/lib/ckan/default/src/ckanext-datastorer/ckanext/datastorer/commands.py",
line 263, in push_to_datastore
    check_modified=check_hash)
  File
"/usr/lib/ckan/default/src/ckanext-datastorer/ckanext/datastorer/fetch_resource.py",
line 85, in download
    headers = json.loads(link_checker(link_context, link_data))
  File
"/usr/lib/ckan/default/src/ckanext-datastorer/ckanext/datastorer/fetch_resource.py",
line 297, in link_checker
    raise LinkHeadRequestError(error_message)
LinkHeadRequestError: URL unobtainable: Server returned HTTP 401