[ckan-dev] pycsw

Hildegard Gerlach hildegard.gerlach at jrc.ec.europa.eu
Thu Oct 10 14:19:59 UTC 2013

Dear Angelos and Adrià,
I am using Redhat 6, ckan version 2.2a
PostgreSQL 8.4.13, Postgis 1.5.3
  SQLAlchemy-0.7.8   (installed by CKAN requirements.txt)

I am using a Postgis database for CKAN and have done harvesting from 2
remote sources. However I don't manage to load these sources into the
newly created database for pycsw.
In the pycsw.cfg file I have only changed the home and database settings.
The database table has been created successfully with this command

paster ckan-pycsw setup -p /etc/ckan/default/pycsw.cfg
In the meantime I went back to version 2.1, but I am not sure if this
made any change.
I did

git checkout release-v2.1
git pull

pip install --upgrade -r requirements.txt

for CKAN, the harvester and spatial extension. Is this the correct way ?

When harvesting before I had not specified anything in the
development.ini file for

Now I have set it to
ckan.spatial.validator.profiles=iso19193eden

and tried to reharvest, but then I get another error:
Error gathering the identifiers from the CSW server [Please use the
updated 'getrecords2' method instead of 'getrecords'. The 'getrecords'
method will be upgraded to use the 'getrecords2' parameters in a future
version of OWSLib

Can I upgrade that ?

A workaround, but not solution, is here:
https://www.seegrid.csiro.au/wiki/Infosrvices/CKANHarvestingGuide
The workaround (not a fix) for the above error is to comment out the
lines (186-188) that raised the DeprecationWarning
<https://www.seegrid.csiro.au/wiki/bin/edit/Infosrvices/DeprecationWarning?topicparent=Infosrvices.CKANHarvestingGuide>exception
in the following Python source file
(/usr/lib/ckan/default/src/owslib/owslib/csw.py).
#raise DeprecationWarning("""Please use the updated 'getrecords2' method
instead of 'getrecords'. #The 'getrecords' method will be upgraded to
use the 'getrecords2' parameters #in a future version of OWSLib.""")

Anyway, if  I look at the harvest object like you described I don't know
what is wrong with it. It is too big to post on the list.

I have also another problem, I cannot see the "Add harvest source"
button on the

http://{my-ckan-instance}/harvest

Website. It has disapperared.

Sorry, but I am getting so many issues at the same time.

Hilde