[ckan-dev] Middleware, Oracle -> DataStore.

Henrik Aagaard Sørensen BU1G at tmf.kk.dk
Tue Sep 10 11:21:53 UTC 2013

I'm in the process of building a small middleware component which can collect data from a Oracle DB and store it in the DataStore.

However, small tables from the Oracle works just fine, but larger (1+ mio. rows) tables are somewhat heavy to process.

At the moment we just have a small python client which connects to Oracle, creates a Python Dictionary and store it in the DataStore using the ckan-client.

Can anyone recommend this method, recommend another method or just give some pointers/ideas?