[ckan-dev] CKAN 2.1 and private datasets

Stefan Oderbolz stefan.oderbolz at liip.ch
Tue Sep 3 12:07:35 UTC 2013

Is this different on CKAN 2.0.1? If I'm not mistaken, then private datasets
are not supposed to be public. But the preview mechanism is hosted on en
external site,  so anything you want to preview must be accessible from an
external source. In my CKAN instance the following service is used for the
preview (afaik this is the default service):
http://jsonpdataproxy.appspot.com/

You can probably achieve a preview for private datasets if you use a
different service or host it yourself.

- Stefan

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 2:48 AM, Luis <eltipicoemail at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have recently updated from CKAN 2.0.1 to 2.1 and I am experiencing some
> issues with private datasets.
>
> If I create a private dataset and upload a resource (.csv) and try to
> preview this resource (logged as admin), the preview loading animation goes
> in to a loop and the preview is not shown (I have checked the resource is
> there and it can be downloaded). I have datastore enabled and if I try to
> make a query involving this resource I get a "Validation Error".
> However, if I switch the dataset to public, everything works ok (preview
> and datastore queries).
>
> Is this a bug or is it just me?
>
> Cheers!

Liip AG  //  Feldstrasse 133 //  CH-8004 Zurich
Tel +41 43 500 39 80 // GnuPG 0x7B588C67 // www.liip.ch